Hi, everyone. My name is Shannon, and I am an addict.
I am addicted to buying lipgloss. There's something about the little pots of strawberry and mango goo that makes me happy, and I think that my day actually brightens when I put it on.
But what has led me to the realisation that I may have a problem, you ask? Well, yesterday, I found myself having this disturbing conversation...with myself.
Addict Me: Oooh, look! It's a new lipgloss!
Rational Me: Shannon. Step away. It's not worth it.
Addict Me: But it's grapefruit flavoured.
Rational Me: Who wants their lips to taste like citrus? Strawberry or chocolate, yes, I can understand that. But, grapefruit?!
Addict Me: But it's got Vitamin E!
Rational Me: So?
Addict Me: And jajoba!
Rational Me: Oooh, jajoba! I love that word! Put it in the basket.
Apart from the fact that I was talking to myself in the middle of a supermarket, several things struck me about this conversation. One, jajoba is actually a really cool word. Ha. Ho. Bah. Love it. Two, I realised that whenever I see that something has Vitamin E or something fancy sounding in it, I jump on it. But really, it's just a marketing spiel, isn't it?! It's all chemicals that will probably shred my stomach lining eventually. And three, when I thought about the strawberry and chocolate comment, I realised that I do have lipglosses in those flavours! In fact, in my handbag alone, I have upwards of seven different lip balms!
Quick. Someone get me to cosmetics rehab.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment